Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giveaways - suggestions?

4 posters

Go down

Giveaways - suggestions? Empty Giveaways - suggestions?

Post by Jason Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:37 am

I want giveaway suggestions.

the prizes, I can handle, but I want ideas on how to run the giveaways

current ideas;
Recruitment
Sharing a facebook link
Raidcall activity

let me know.

note; feel free to write troll stuff ( "give Aaronkiwi all the riot points plz" ), as long as there is something meaningful there as well.
Jason
Jason
Admin
Admin

Name : Jason

http://www.auv2.net

Back to top Go down

Giveaways - suggestions? Empty Re: Giveaways - suggestions?

Post by Aaronkiwi Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 am

Raidcall, Is a bit of a problem for me, (cause one of my cpus to run at 99%) so if anyone else has that problem I don't think raid would be a good idea.

If you wan't to do fun give away contests, you can try doing what LOLking is doing. Set a task.... then Everyone who completes it within the time gets entered.

Task could be like.
Build X item in X number of games, and post a screenshot of your match history
Or Play a certain colour champion.

Also, I'm holding you to this Jason
"give Aaronkiwi all the riot points plz"
Aaronkiwi
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Name : Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SeargentStoner Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 pm

I agree with Aaron, I personally don't like the whole idea of Raidcall since there are many other ways of communication out there..

Personally, I think this community needs to be more active. Perhaps forum based events that encourages users to be active.

There are a lot of events you could do.

ARAM
1v1 Tournaments
5v5 Tournaments

The idea of "recruitment" should be expanded. Perhaps have a similar system to most games where people can refer their friends and obtain rewards for every few people they refer.

Before all these things though, I noticed that while browsing the forums, this community could use a lot of activity to brighten things up. I suggest hosting a PUBLIC event (post on LoL forums) and using that event to encourage other users from Australia to actually join this community. I think that would be a good start to obtaining some more users.
SeargentStoner
SeargentStoner

Name : Thai Thach

Back to top Go down

Giveaways - suggestions? Empty AuV2 LCS

Post by Oronar Thu May 09, 2013 4:20 pm

SeargentStoner wrote:
Before all these things though, I noticed that while browsing the forums, this community could use a lot of activity to brighten things up. I suggest hosting a PUBLIC event (post on LoL forums) and using that event to encourage other users from Australia to actually join this community. I think that would be a good start to obtaining some more users.

I think i good idea for this would be to set up a 5v5 tornement similar to LCS where AuV2 can hold a 32 team qualifier with the 32 teams being chosen at random and then the top 8 teams go through and play something similar to the 12 week LCS BO1 series and once those 8 teams have been decided the remaining 24 teams with the addition of the next 8 teams who missed out on the first 32 team qualifier will be invited to attend another 32 team qualifier with a BO3 setup where only 4 teams will make it through to face the bottom 4 teams of the first 8 team season in a BO3 much like the promotion and religation series that was played out in EU LCS and at the end of the first split the first 3 teams can get prizes and the same 4 the second split
Oronar
Oronar

Name : Blair

http://twitch.tv/Oronar16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm

The above are great suggestions, besides a few points.

1. People won't put in alot of time unless money ( or some solid reward ) is involved.

2. I won't put in money unless it's someone elses

3. Someone else won't put money in unless it helps them alot.

That means a few things.

1. few will put in an extreme amount of time

2. little prizes, if any.

3. little hype generated.

So all giveaways are from my pocket ( 4ThaLuv ) and not a sponsor that wants to generate customers.

Jason
Jason
Admin
Admin

Name : Jason

http://www.auv2.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down