Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinion; Website design

4 posters

Go down

Opinion; Website design Empty Opinion; Website design

Post by Jason Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:45 am

Well, a website full redesign is on the way somewhere, but in the meantime, I was considdering swapping to a more white based layout ( light backgrounds, dark writing )

I want to know if you guys are alright with that, or if you have any other input.

thanks guys
~Jason
Jason
Jason
Admin
Admin

Name : Jason

http://www.auv2.net

Back to top Go down

Opinion; Website design Empty Re: Opinion; Website design

Post by AuV2 Valkyz Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:43 am

Something along these lines, The website needs to be more laid out and user friendly.

Think of how websites like Mobafire and lolpro are laid out, simple and easy to navigate.

Opinion; Website design Ddddd

AuV2 Valkyz

Name : Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:25 am

Sadly, we're not left with a whole lot of customisation options as to the actual layout. At the moment, I'm referring to font and graphics mainly.
Jason
Jason
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AuV2 Valkyz Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:27 am

Ahh alright, Perhaps a lighter toned background with more distinguished links, currently they are a little hard to read, When I get some time off work I can work on a HTML Code to rearrange things

AuV2 Valkyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:32 am

AuV2 Valkyz wrote:Ahh alright, Perhaps a lighter toned background with more distinguished links, currently they are a little hard to read, When I get some time off work I can work on a HTML Code to rearrange things
It'd be appreciated, but the only thing we can do HTML coding with is the homepage. The forums themselves are pretty concreted.

We'll find a way
Jason
Jason
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AuV2 Valkyz Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 am

Haha yeah, The theme is a tad too dark, you should try to take the bluey colour that the LoL forums use on the sides

AuV2 Valkyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginbrah Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:13 pm

I like the dark bit where all the writing is etc, but a light background where the stars are would prob make it seem less gloomy.

I don't know any of the technical terms for these things :/
Ginbrah
Ginbrah
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankonius Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:45 pm

yea some of the buttons (having new topic and reply as they are initially are really hard to look for, but once you know what you are looking for are easier to notice,

good website design has a good flow, and the important stuff (the main top index for example) is easy to press the right buttons, has clearly highlighted segments and is in perfect sync in regards to dimensions as your main banner at the top

right now the banner at the top doesn't fill the whole space and looks kinda awkward, the bar beneath doesn't match and is just hyperlinks

to fix it you need to look at the dimensions of the bar, decide on what buttons you want there and resize both the text, buttons and banners to be both clear, in decent contrast but not so contrasting that it hurts the eye to look at, colours to avoid here would be yellows and stuff, maybe use a darker grey, with some effects behind the text thats sets it apart from the main portion of the page containing the text (the not backgroundy bit XD)

i did a few courses in page design at one point in highschool and haven't touched it since, but for some reason its right there in my mind.....

DAMN YOU LEARNING!!!

Rankonius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rankonius Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:46 pm

but yea, if you want to work on this and give me a few concepts i can run through it all with you, its basically all make everything line up and flow, as well as don't make anything that isn't important stand out too far

Rankonius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down